Monday, March 30, 2009

Earthy Worthy Filth


Last Saturday, I went to this KL Design Week at CapSquare. It was the first time I've been there, and I've to say it made quite an impression. The place looks awesome, architectural wise, and the vibe's awesome too. But it scores more points on the outdoors section, like The Curve.


As for the KL Design Week thing, there were loadsa creative works, and innovative ideas. Like, the Wall, which is based on the idea of creating custom stickers for your wall. Oh and the free green-coloured drink, which I think was Jasmine tea, tasted nice (y) . Before it's starting to sound a little too random for an art blog. Lemme cut to the chase :


There was this one wooden wall, where everyone is allowed to doodle on. My left hand was itching the moment I saw it. Made itchier when Eddy said "Mesti kau nak lukis kan ?" . Eventually I did :



"Get used to the dark like us"
Done with two markers, with one almost running out of ink but was awesome for shading

The theme was earth hour, I'm not sure if my drawing would convince anyone to close their lights off, in fear of seeing that face the moment they turn the lights on back again. Oh and the name of the dude's Marcus :D



I was approached by one of the staff of the event, asking me this and that, and finally came to a point that they'll contact me if there's any upcoming events and will ask me if I'd like to send any designs to be displayed. HEEEEEEE, uhm, yeah, that's a good a start ain't it :)


And check this out :



Introducing Bonyuri Band, or was it Bonjuri Band from Japan, have mercy on mee. But I think they're cool, never thought I could really see those earth-peace-loving hippies (with all the scruffy, earthy get-up) right before my eyes, other than on the TV, and they came equipped with a cute looking tent, with all the neat looking knick-knacks. Kinda regret the fact that I didn't buy anything :/


No comments:

Post a Comment